Huntington Ingalls Industries FSG Master Tradesperson 2 in Chesapeake, Virginia
FSG Master Tradesperson 2
114 - FSG MMTS - 11407 - HM&E
External Job Description:
The selected candidate will be supporting our Marine Services Division working on the deck plates building, installing, repairing and maintaining high energy piping to assist with alterations and installs for fleet modernization on various contracts such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Space & Naval Warfare Systems Command and Naval Surface Warfare Center. The selected candidate will be required to travel to shipyards and military bases located around the country when not assigned to a local task. Per diem available based on location when on travel, travel and lodging expenses are covered by the company. There is potential to work up to 20 hours overtime a week.
Position Specifics: Candidates must have the following to qualify for this position.
• Must have two (2) years’ experience in pipefitting with a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of high energy piping systems onboard marine vessels.
• Must possess practical knowledge of pipefitting equipment, sizes and schedules; applying elementary mathematics and physics principles; planning and laying out work; and fabricating and installing flat plate, pipe and special fitting (i.e. Lok-Ring) aboard ships
• Must be able to assemble and install variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, plastic, monel, Inconel and stainless steel.
• Must have a Certification to braze Grade III filler material in all joint positions.
• Must be Able to read and interrupt blueprints.
• Must be able to rip out, repair, target, layout, fabricate, install and test marine piping systems onboard ships in various stages of repair and modernization
• Must possess knowledge of brazing and welding.
• Must have ability to pass Grade 3 Silver Braze certification.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance and base access/credentials.
• Must be able to travel 50% of the time.
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel. Applies understanding of production and processes to assignments. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May assist in the development and use technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Auto req ID:
FSG Master Tradesperson 2 (Marine Pipefitter)
HS education or Trade School + 2 years of related experience. Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
HII FLEET SUPPORT GROUP (0480)
Yes, 50% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
•Candidates that hold a Technical Skills Training Certification or Diploma related to pipefitting and/or are graduates of Apprenticeships or Military Specialty School Training for pipefitting are preferred.
• Familiarity with NAVSEA/Military standards is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance a positive.