Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Systems Administrator 2 in Newport News, Virginia
AMSEC Systems Administrator 2
135 - FSG LETTS - 13504 - SYSTEMS INTEGR & CYBER SOLUT
External Job Description:
This position will operate out of our NetCenter Newport News, VA location supporting 3rd shift.
*Schedule for this position is Sunday through Thursday 11:30pm-8:00am
The selected candidate must have the following to qualify for this position:
• General understanding of common network protocols
• General understanding of common cyber security concepts
• General understanding of common cyber security tools such as IDS, NetFlow, Firewalls, and Endpoint security suites
• Prior experience utilizing Windows and Linux command line tools
• Prior experience analyzing PCAP network traffic
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Monitoring and responding to all cyber security events, alerts and consoles.
• Investigating events by analyzing raw network traffic (PCAP), event logs and other corollary information as needed to determine severity of the event.
• Answering the phone, creating tickets, investigating events of interest, escalating significant events as needed to next level.
• Monitoring spam email inbox and analyzing emails for threats.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the Systems Analyst discipline.
Auto req ID:
FSG Systems Administrator 2 (Cybersecurity)
3 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 1 Year relevant experience with Masters; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
HII FLEET SUPPORT GROUP (0480)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.