Huntington Ingalls Industries ENGINEER SYSTEMS 2 in Newport News, Virginia
ENGINEER SYSTEMS 2
E89: Nuclear Prop.Bus. Op
External Job Description:
Position is with the Nuclear Propulsion Division Digital Transformation Team. The team is tasked with analyzing existing processes and determining unique solutions using technology to modernize work and increase efficiency.
Ideal candidate is motivated and has the drive to research new solutions, experiment, self-teach as well as build and implement unique solutions that meet business requirements and software standards.
Candidate will interface with a variety of stakeholders and subject matter experts from varied disciplines including Information Technology, Production and Engineering to determine requirements and ensure compliance of tools.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Auto req ID:
Engineer Systems 2
2 Years with Bachelors in a related field; 0 Years with Masters. Newport News Shipbuilding requires a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
The ideal candidate would possess one or more of the following experiences:
• Designing and/or developing user interfaces
• Waterfront operations and common trades practices for nuclear work
• Overhaul, refueling, test, and/or RadCon work practices, documents, and/or requirements
• Identifying requirements and necessary subject matter experts within a problem space in order to work toward solutions with little oversight or guidance
• Creating and maintaining SharePoint sites – Development in SharePoint Designer a plus
• As a software developer, with multiple languages to assist in evaluating solutions
• Connected / Smart devices, Internet of Things (IOT), and/or emerging technologies
• CAD tools and 3D modeling software
• SAP Visual Enterprise Author or other visual work instruction software
• SAP programing and/or data structure
• Siemens products, including TeamCenter
• Identifying creative solutions to improve current processes and/or products
• Project lead for multi-departmental or multi-divisional projects
• Communicating technical concepts to a diverse population