Huntington Ingalls Industries IT SOFTWARE ENGINEER 1 in Newport News, Virginia
IT SOFTWARE ENGINEER 1
E59: Dogfish Labs
External Job Description:
• Design, develop, and test software that supports the creation of Augmented Reality (AR) applications that will be deployed on mobile and wearable devices
• See operational specifications, and formulate and analyze software requirements
• Use agile for rapid prototyping and release cycles
• Work in a team environment
• Collaborate closely with other technical team members
The successful candidate will need:
• Excellent knowledge of Unity (C#), including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management
• Experience with mobile game development
• Experience working with iOS is preferred
• Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with developing technologies
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
• Familiarity with current design and architectural patterns
• Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
• Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Experience working on a DevOps team, using Version Control
• Experience working in AR and Mixed Reality is preferred
• Experience in Marker based AR, Marker less AR is preferred
Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software. Set operational specifications, and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software.
Auto req ID:
Augmented Reality Software Engineer 1-Entry Level
Bachelor’s Degree and 0 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. A relevant professional certification can be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.