Huntington Ingalls Industries IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER 3 in Newport News, Virginia
IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER 3
T55: Solutions Developmnt
External Job Description:
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design and support of solutions that meet the business needs of the customer. The individual will follow the Systems Development Life Cycle process and perform requirements analysis, specification development, system design and testing associated with implementation and support of Manufacturing LOB systems including SAP and integration with other COTS, and legacy systems.
The individual needs the ability to work with and lead teams consisting of project management, systems engineers, technical resources, process leads, and system users to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of business process enhancements.
Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
Auto req ID:
IT System Engineer 3
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience. Ph.D. and 0 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Understanding of SAP PS/PP, including Configuration and requirements gathering and documentation
• Functional knowledge of manufacturing in relation to production scheduling and/or planning processes
• Demonstrated IT systems design experience and knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Demonstrated performance under conflicting/changing direction/priorities
• Solid written/oral communication and teaming skills
• Ability to execute with requirement details or projects requiring a some discovery
• Demonstrated proactive technical leadership of IT implementations and successful Scrum methodology implementation