Huntington Ingalls Industries IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER 4 in Newport News, Virginia
IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER 4
T53: Digital Transformati
External Job Description:
Newport News Shipbuilding is seeking an expert professional coach, facilitator, mentor, and trainer for our team.
A successful candidate will be responsible for coaching and mentoring agile teams, Scrum Masters, and Agile Product Owners on agile principles, practices and frameworks to deliver high value business capabilities.
• Work with an agile coaching team to lead the transformation from traditional methodologies to Agile / Scrum practices
• Assess, plan, and drive the Agile approach, principles and practices
• Develop target roles, skills and organization design in support of agile and digital transitions.
• Utilize in-depth knowledge of the lean agile framework to recommend innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
• Collaborate with coaching team to develop agile training materials and ensure consistent delivery across the organization
• Guide teams in the principles of Agile and the practices of Scrum / Kanban
• Identify, suggest, and collaborate with teams on measurable improvements
• Use techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation
• Embody agile principles and lead by example
• Remain informed about industry trends and best practices concerning agile methodologies and advance those best practices in the organization.
Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
Auto req ID:
Agile Coach-Level 4
Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 7 years of experience. Ph.D. and 4 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. A relevant professional certification can be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience implementing Scrum and Kanban methodology from the ground up for multiple teams
• Experience working in an Agile Coaching role with exposure to large organizational transformations
• Experience in developing and delivering training
• Experience with project estimation techniques and metrics
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Scrum Alliance and Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
• PMI-ACP (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner)
• Certified in ICE-AC (ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching) or ICP-ACC (ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching)
• Familiar with Agile framework support tools like VersionOne, TFS, JIRA, etc.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong knowledge and skills of servant leadership, motivation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, and empowerment.
• Be a self-starter, driven and able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision