Huntington Ingalls Industries MGR SYSTEMS ENGINEERING 2 in Newport News, Virginia
MGR SYSTEMS ENGINEERING 2
X57: Proc Stand & Integ
External Job Description:
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Auto req ID:
Manager, Systems Engineer 2
This position requires a BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited school of engineering and 6 years of progressive technical experience in research, engineering, and design or equivalent. A MS in Engineering and professional registration with 4 years of relevant experience.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Systems Engineer M2 – Information Governance:
Seeking a Business Architect to lead implementation and oversight of enterprise data governance goals, standards, practices, processes and technologies. Collaborate with information technology points of contact to implement relevant data and solution architecture as well as business data stewards to advance and optimize the adoption of enterprise data governance. Institute and facilitate governance on the organization's business and technical metadata and data quality routines and frameworks. Govern the processes associated with metadata management, data quality, and data exchange.
• Develop and maintain standards, policies, and procedures to support the creation of and provide technical assurance for the implementation and ongoing support of the data governance program.
• Uses practical working knowledge of data management and governance disciplines, including data profiling, data quality, hands-on management of business definitions/glossary and technical metadata, and design and execution of processes required to ensure data remains accurate, consistent, secure, and aligned with ARC’s strategic objectives.
• Use experiences in navigating a complex data environment while being proficient at finding, combining, and cleansing/transforming data from different data sources, and understand data without the benefit of formal data structure and metadata.
• Lead, develop and collaborate with teams across ARC to ensure data governance policies and practices are practiced throughout the company.
• Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization to drive progress and keep leadership and all business stakeholders informed of program updates and status.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Data Governance/data management experience 8 – 10 years
• Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
• Knowledge of government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues for data
• Knowledge of airline and/or travel industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
• Understanding of data quality reporting methodologies and capabilities
• Desire to learn and stay current on data governance and data management industry trends
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Possesses strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Can articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Superior problem-solving abilities; applies good judgment
• Can work effectively with all levels of management and staff
• Ability to negotiate and influence
• Flexible; embraces change, possesses a positive attitude and have ability to prioritize issues