Huntington Ingalls Industries SYSTEMS APPLICATION ANALYST 3 in Newport News, Virginia
SYSTEMS APPLICATION ANALYST 3
T54: Tech Services
External Job Description:
The System Application Analyst is responsible for planning, implementing, configuring, maintaining, and problem resolution for data logging based applications and supporting infrastructure. The incumbent will interface with Business Resource Managers, Technical Managers, and other peers to provide lifecycle support of data logging based applications; enforce compliance of policies, procedures and work instructions; perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, incident and problem management, change and configuration management, and service level performance.
Candidate must have experience in the following areas:
• Provide data logging Application Analyst functionality which includes:
o Installing and configuring new and current data logging applications (Splunk Enterprise/Splunk Enterprise Security)
o Troubleshooting performance and access issues, as well as installation of Splunk upgrades
o Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams
o Respond to and resolve support requests in timely fashion, while balancing project timelines and other responsibilities
o Manage data retention policies and perform index administration, maintenance and optimization, configuration backups and recovery
o Provide software rationalization and lifecycle management
o Performing routine system monitoring, performance tuning, and audits of systems
o Coordination and implementation of application patches, upgrades, and configuration changes
o Business continuity, disaster recovery planning and testing, and configuration documentation
o Analysis of system, application and audit logs, and identify potential issues
o Responsible for server application builds, configuration, and transition to production
o Participate in an on-call rotation and 24x7 security application support for systems outside of normal business hours
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with the companys system architecture standards. Establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
Auto req ID:
Security Application Analyst 3-Splunk
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience. Ph.D. and 0 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Seeking a candidate who has experience with data analytics, data science, and a strong Linux background.
• High knowledge in data logging application design, implementation, configuration, and maintenance
• High level of proficiency in data logging tools and applications; specifically deploying and integrating Splunk Enterprise version 6.6.3 and newer, preferably in a large multi-domain enterprise environment supporting more than 1,000 servers and 20,000 clients
• High level of proficiency in Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) commands, filters, search optimization, time modifiers, eval functions, REST API
• High level of proficiency in Splunk dashboard and report design and implementation
• High knowledge in identifying and resolving issues across multiple environments (Linux, Windows, VMware)
• Proficient with Active Directory, DNS and networking, Kerberos, Claims Authentication, Certificate Based Authentication, Internet Information Services, Digital Certificate Management, Role Based Access Control and VMWare virtualization technologies
• Proficient in server design for data logging based applications, and backup and recovery
• High knowledge implementing, patching, and upgrading data logging based applications
• High knowledge in application change management through the various states of the lifecycle
• High knowledge in computer security techniques
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• High knowledge with scripting proficiency in Microsoft PowerShell
• Desirable to have Certifications in Splunk Administration and other associated fields of study