Huntington Ingalls Industries ADMIN ASSISTANT TO EVP in Washington, District Of Columbia
ADMIN ASSISTANT TO EVP
External Job Description:
Provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President for Government and Customer Relations and executive staff in the Company's Washington, DC office.
Works in a fast-paced environment, handling a variety of detailed-oriented tasks, many of a highly confidential and critical nature. Requires significant team-work and involves contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company that requires the exercise of judgment and discretion.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Providing executive assistant support to the Executive Vice President for Government and Customer Relations, duties as assigned to include coordinating efforts of other Administrative Assistants.
• Providing executive assistant support to the CEO and other EVPs when working from 300 M St. office, including ground transportation and other support as required.
• Scheduling and providing logistical support for executive meetings and conferences to include registration, transportation and lodging.
• Arranging and supporting executive travel and managing travel expenses.
• Receiving and assisting executives, dignitaries, visitors and guests and escorting visitors as needed.
• Working with security manager to initiate or pass any security clearances and transportation clearances required for meetings.
• Managing executive’s and office events calendars.
• Receiving, sorting, screening and routing incoming mail; categorizing and prioritizing and preparing responses for signature as needed.
• Maintaining an efficient office environment; may include assisting with maintaining office supplies inventory, initiating the installation of new software and evaluating new office products.
• Facilitating internal communications within the office (e.g. distributing information and presentations).
• Conducting research, compiling and reconciling data, and preparing expense/budget/department reportsEnsuring that the GCR homepage website is accurate and complete.
• Coordinating video and audio conference calls and managing monthly office meetings.
• Managing office archiving system and records retention/disposal process.
• Serving as a resource for other executive and department staff in the conduct of departmental operations.
• Recording and filing lobbying reports for the EVP.
• Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of internal and external customer organizations and leadership and an extensive knowledge of protocol.
Auto req ID:
Administrative Assistant To Executive Vice President - Government & Customer Relations
High School and 6 years additional education and/or experience.
• Must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks, work effectively under stress, adapt to changing schedules and short deadlines.
• Must have excellent writing skills, as well as knowledge of office procedures and software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Must be self-motivated, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to fully support core office hours and executive and conference schedules, including overtime, when required.
HII SERVICES CORP (0520)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Washington-District of Columbia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
High School plus 8 or more years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including support of executive personnel.
• Prior executive assistant experience within HII or related industry company, particularly supporting government and customer relations.
• Associates Degree in Business Administration or Administrative Sciences preferred. PACE or CAP certification is a plus.